Griffin House Mission Statement
Everything that happens at Griffin House has the pupils and their individual needs at heart. We create an environment in which children are happy, motivated to achieve and enthusiastic about their learning.
Our School Aims:
- To enable every child to develop emotionally, spiritually, physically and academically in a caring environment.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum where every child’s needs are catered for and where children have high expectations of themselves.
- To value and reward positive relationships, appropriate behaviour and good manners at all times which promote high self-esteem, cooperation and consideration for all.
- To foster a spirit of cooperation and friendship between home, school and the wider community.
- To enable everyone to move on with confidence, positive memories and lasting benefits of their time with us.
Our School’s Philosophy
Our philosophy is founded on the belief that every child is an individual and with encouragement, hard work and praise can develop their potential to the full and achieve high standards. It is the responsibility of the school to provide a secure and nurturing environment where pupils enjoy learning and grow into confident and happy individuals ready to face the diversity of future challenges and capable of making informed choices and decisions.
A pupil information pack is issued to all new pupils as they join the school.
The hyperlinked documents below can be downloaded immediately and all other information is available to parents on request:
- Academic Performance Indicator
- Admissions and Exclusions Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Behaviour and Discipline Policy
- Code of Conduct For All Staff
- Complaints Procedure
- Curriculum Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Disability Non-Discrimination Policy
- Early Years Policy
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- First Aid Policy
- Gifted and Talented Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Healthy Eating and Drinking Policy
- Homework Policy
- Images Policy
- Inclusion SEN Policy
- Internet Policy
- Library Policy
- Marking and Feedback Policy
- Missing Child Policy
- Off-Site Visits Policy
- Pastoral Care Policy
- PSHE and Etiquette Policy
- Pupil Illness Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Staff List & Qualifications
- Supply Staff Policy
- Teaching and Learning Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- ISI Regulatory Compliance Inspection 2017
Griffin House School is wholly owned by Alpha Schools Holdings Ltd, registered at 19 London Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BJ.
The Directors can be contacted on 01494 535 857.