Griffin House Prep School vacancies
We are currently looking to fill the following role at school: School Secretary (Part Time) (please see below for further details).
Job Title: Part-Time School Secretary
Responsible to: Head Teacher and Lead Secretary
Contract: Part time, permanent.
Hours: 2.5 days a week, 8am – 5pm term time
Griffin House School is a highly successful independent primary school for children from the ages of 3-11years.
We are looking to appoint a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated part-time school secretary to manage our school office and associated administrative duties two and a half days a week.
Candidates will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and a warm and caring personality.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Maintain a presentable and welcoming front of house experience. Assist visitors in the school
- Answer and attend to calls and emails
- Liaise with parents, children and staff and assist where required
- Welcome prospective parents and show them around the school
- Assist ad help manage all related admissions processes eg. liaising with prospective parents, confirming registrations, maintaining class lists, follow ups from Open Mornings
- Administer first aid to children as required
- Administrative duties as requested by the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Lead Secretary
Essential qualities required: IT skills and knowhow and a good standard of literacy and numeracy. Flexibility and adaptability, organisational and communication skills - to build positive relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues - self-motivation, discretion and a willingness to learn and improve the role.
This post will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check as our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care.
Training and support will be an ongoing aspect of the role.
How to apply
Full details and an application form are available from the school by telephoning 01844 346154 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 7th May 2019
Start date: ASAP
These posts will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check as our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care. Training and support will be an ongoing aspect of the role.